Friday 23 January 2015

Bye bye Cardiff!

Well, here it is at last - the start of another adventure!

 It's been a bit frantic over the past fortnight with lots going on at work, quite a few busy night shifts done and trying to get stuff organised in the day. Eventually something had to escape the organisational blitz ... the car's imminent MOT expiry date for example was a lucky discovery, and I am deeply indebted to Sarah and Emma for sorting that out for me whilst I sit down on a plane to Africa!!!

  But the packing is now finally done: passport - check, toothbrush - check, credit card - check!!!

With my standard packing requirements complete I added another essential for Zambia though: antimalarials. Its rainy season out there which means loads of puddles which are just the ticket for mosquito's to breed plentifully. I am unfortunately very tasty to them too - bah! Which is not good news as the blighters out there are carriers of Falciparum - the worst type of malaria (if there is a worst type) to get. So I am not taking any chances!

So on my walk down to the chemist to pick up the 100 Doxycycline tablets I couldn't help but enjoy the beautiful crisp winter's air and the amazing sight of Cardiff Bay.

Penarth and the barrage from across the Bay 

Pierhead building and the Armadillo (Wales Millennium Centre)

I will certainly miss the 'diff and the sight of the sea (travelling to a landlocked country) but I'm sure Zambia will throw up its own amazing sights and spectacles for me. So for now its bye bye Cardiff, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment